Viewing one Van Gogh is all I need to remind myself of this.
Thus, it was refreshing to find this belief actually supported by hard economic facts!
You see, when we compare the ‘cost to weight’ ratio of art versus high-tech devices, art is the clear winner!
Consider the following comparative costs;
- I Phone 7 = $1,000 / 0.188 KG = $ 5,319 / Kg
- Fighter Jet (F35-B) = $150,000,000 / 27,000 KG = $ 5,555 / Kg
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO = $38,115,000 / 950 KG = $ 40,121 / Kg
- Gold (at its peak price in 2011) = $ 67,314 / kg
- Painting (Van Gogh’s Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers) = $73,000,000 / 1 kg = 73,000,000 /kg
Thus I encourage you to begin considering art in its rightful place—as the greatest form of human expression.
You should get closer to it in its prime expressions as music, philosophy, and painting by making the time to do so.
You’ll be glad you did! Art is still the most valuable output of our species—not only in terms of value but in its crystallization the near infinite power of imagination!
A key message of Centerpath is all things have a center—atoms, cells, solar systems, societies, and apparently the Bible.
Check out the following wonderful facts related to the structure of the bible and one of its central themes.
The Center Psalm – Psalm 118
When measured by chapter count, the center of the Bible is Psalms 118. Here are some other fun facts surrounding Psalm 118:
• The longest chapter of the Bible falls just after this center chapter– Psalm 119.
• The shortest chapter of the Bible falls just after this center chapter– Psalm 117.
• There are exactly 594 chapters before Psalm 118, and exactly 594 chapters after it. When you add the number of chapters before Psalms 118 and those after, the sum is 1,118. And the verse at the very center of the Bible is Psalms 118:8.
The Center Verse
Psalm 118 – “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
Psalm 118:8 – “It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.”
This central verse of the Bible reminds believers to ask the question, “Are you centered in your trust in God?” It is a particular verse that reminds Christians to trust in God over trusting in themselves or others.
As Christians understand, God consistently provides for us and His grace is given to us freely. Even in the most difficult times, we should center ourselves by trusting in God. He is there making us strong, giving us joy, and carrying us when life weighs heavily on us.
Heart of the Universe
Jin’s book “Heart of the Universe”, finds a neat, similar conclusion—that the center of the universe includes a Great Creator. As Jin puts it;
“An all-perfect supra-being at the heart of the universe radiating love and purity throughout our wonderfully arranged, near-perfect cosmos? The heart and soul of the Great Creator radiating through the core of all beings creating a perfect kind of harmony between heaven and earth.”
A fun VDO full of beautiful images and deep truths!
Learn how thru recognizing nature’s centers, you can reconnect with your true self…and possibly obtain higher awareness.
Click here to find out more!
How should we live our lives?
Simply emulate the great ‘way’ of the universe—she provides all the fantastic balance, beauty, and harmony streaming throughout nature. There is no better teacher!
Check out this VDO to find out how!