Viewing one Van Gogh is all I need to remind myself of this.
Thus, it was refreshing to find this belief actually supported by hard economic facts!
You see, when we compare the ‘cost to weight’ ratio of art versus high-tech devices, art is the clear winner!
Consider the following comparative costs;
- I Phone 7 = $1,000 / 0.188 KG = $ 5,319 / Kg
- Fighter Jet (F35-B) = $150,000,000 / 27,000 KG = $ 5,555 / Kg
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO = $38,115,000 / 950 KG = $ 40,121 / Kg
- Gold (at its peak price in 2011) = $ 67,314 / kg
- Painting (Van Gogh’s Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers) = $73,000,000 / 1 kg = 73,000,000 /kg
Thus I encourage you to begin considering art in its rightful place—as the greatest form of human expression.
You should get closer to it in its prime expressions as music, philosophy, and painting by making the time to do so.
You’ll be glad you did! Art is still the most valuable output of our species—not only in terms of value but in its crystallization the near infinite power of imagination!